Reagents and consumables
- Patented 96-well filter plate
- Internal and calibration standards
- Quality controls
Methods and protocols
- Sample preparation protocol
- Instrument-specific acquisition and quantification methods
- System suitability test
- WebIDQ - Workflow manager
- LC column and MS systems
- 10 primary bile acids: produced by the liver (CA, GCA, TCA, CDCA, GCDCA, TCDCA, α-MCA, β-MCA, ω-MCA, TMCA(α+β)
- 10 secondary bile acids: produced by gut bacteria from primary bile acids (DCA, GDCA, TDCA, LCA, GLCA, TLCA, UDCA, GUDCA, TUDCA, HDCA)
AbsoluteIDQ® Bile Acids kit
The benchmark solution to assess host-microbiota interaction
Bile acids are produced in the liver and are best known to facilitate the absorption of dietary fats and fat-soluble vitamins. Beyond this, bile acids exert important signaling and regulatory functions via nuclear receptors such as the farnesoid X receptor (FXR). Since gut bacteria convert primary into secondary bile acids, they are essential to study the role of gut microbiota in health and disease. The AbsoluteIDQ Bile Acids kit is the first ready-to-use, standardized solution for the quantitation of 20 bile acids by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS).
- 6 months after shipping date when stored at -20 °C
- 12 months after shipping date when stored at -80 °C
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
This starter package contains everything you need to set up the benchmark solution to assess host-microbiota interactions.
WebIDQ is biocrates’ proprietary quantitative metabolomics workflow management and data processing solution.
Quantitation of 20 bile acids by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry.